1840 - 1860
Attached four-bay two-storey house, c.1850, possibly incorporating fabric of earlier house, c.1750. Renovated, c.1925, with shopfront inserted to left ground floor and one window opening remodelled. Part refenestrated. Now entirely in residential use. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered squat chimney stacks, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted roughcast walls with painted replacement rendered section, c.1925, to ground floor. Square-headed window openings (one remodelled to ground floor, c.1925) with cut-stone sills, and six-over-six timber sash windows having replacement timber casement window to remodelled opening. Square-headed door opening with replacement glazed timber panelled door. Timber shopfront, c.1925, to left ground floor with pilasters, replacement timber casement window, glazed timber panelled door, and fascia over having lined cornice. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An attractive house retaining most of the original composition qualities together with substantial quantities of the early fabric, thereby contributing significantly to the character of the street scene. Reputed to incorporate the fabric of an earlier eighteenth-century range on site the house remains an important component of the architectural heritage of the locality.