Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1815 - 1835


258598, 141877

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay three-storey house with dormer attic, c.1825. Renovated, c.1950, with openings to right ground floor remodelled to accommodate commercial use. Reroofed with dormer attic added. Pitched roof (lean-to roofs to dormer attic windows) with replacement slate, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled pier to end. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, six-over-six (first floor) and one-over-one (top floor) timber sash windows having uPVC casement windows to dormer attic. Round-headed door opening with cut-limestone step, moulded reveals, and timber panelled door having fanlight. Square-headed openings to right ground floor remodelled, c.1950, with fixed-pane (three-light) timber window on concrete sill having chamfered mullions, timber panelled door on cut-limestone step having overlight (leading to glazed timber panelled internal door having overlight), and timber fascia board over. Interior with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.


A well-ordered substantial house retaining much of the original form and massing despite a number of renovation projects over two periods in the twentieth century. Furthermore the retention of substantial quantities of the early fabric both to the exterior and to the interior maintains the positive impression made on the historic character of Low Street.