Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1815 - 1835
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1825. Now in commercial use to ground floor. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers to ends, and panelled fascia to first floor having moulded cornice. Square-headed window openings with cut-limestone sills, six-over-six and three-over-six (top floor) timber sash windows. Round-headed door opening with two cut-limestone steps, inscribed surround having bull-nose reveals, and timber panelled door having fanlight. Interior with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An elegantly-composed Classically-proportioned substantial house retaining the original form and massing together with most of the early fabric both to the exterior and to the interior, thereby contributing positively to the formal quality of an historic street scene.