Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1815 - 1835
Terraced four-bay three-storey house, c.1825, with single-bay three-storey lower return to south-east. Extensively renovated with replacement shopfront inserted to right ground floor possibly incorporating fabric of earlier shopfront, c.1900. Pitched roofs with replacement artificial slate, clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond and rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers to ends. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, and replacement uPVC casement windows retaining one-over-one timber sash window to ground floor having wrought iron sill guard. Replacement timber shopfront to right ground floor possibly incorporating fabric of earlier shopfront, c.1900, with inscribed pilasters, fixed-pane (three-light) timber display window on panelled risers, glazed timber panelled door on cut-stone step, fascia on panelled course having consoles, and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A well-composed substantial house retaining the regular composition attributes to the upper floors, thereby maintaining some of the integrity of the site in the streetscape, but the external expression of which has been compromised by over-zealous renovation works including the replacement of much of the historic fabric.