Survey Data

Reg No

12005025


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1915 - 1920


Coordinates

250376, 156004


Date Recorded

07/07/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Semi-detached three-bay single-storey local authority house, built 1916. Refenestrated. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on timber eaves. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls with shared cut-limestone date stone/plaque. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement uPVC casement windows. Square-headed door opening with glazed timber panelled door having overlight. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.

Appraisal

A well-proportioned small-scale house built as one of a pair (with 12005026/KK-4766-08-26) representing a small-scale local authority-sponsored housing project in the locality. The retention of the original form and massing maintains the integrity of the assemblage in the streetscape: however, the inappropriate replacement fittings to the window openings have not had a beneficial impact on the external expression of the composition.