Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1815 - 1835
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey house, c.1825. Renovated, c.1975, with shopfront inserted to right ground floor. Renovated with replacement shopfront inserted to left ground floor. Now also in commercial use to first floor. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, no chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills, rendered surrounds, and two-over-two timber sash windows. Shopfront, c.1975, to right ground floor with fixed-pane display windows, glazed timber door, and rendered fascia panel over. Replacement timber shopfront to left ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane timber window on panelled stall riser, glazed timber door, fascia having consoles, and cornice. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A pleasant modest-scale house retaining the original composition attributes to the first floor together with much of the early fabric to that portion, thereby making a positive contribution to the visual appeal of an historic streetscape.