Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1815 - 1820


250661, 155649

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey over basement house, built 1817, possibly originally forming part of larger nine-bay three-storey hotel. One of a group of three (originally four). Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves. Unpainted roughcast walls (unpainted rendered wall to basement) with rendered channelled pier to end. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, one-over-one (ground floor), six-over-six (first floor) and three-over-six (top floor) timber sash windows. Square-headed door opening with two cut-limestone steps, rendered surround having keystone, and replacement glazed timber panelled door having overlight. Interior with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Road fronted with sections of wrought iron railings to front on rendered plinth.


A well-composed middle-size house built as one of a group of three, originally four related houses (with 12001022 - 3/KK-4766-14-22 - 3) intended as an hotel incorporating Classically-derived proportions, thereby forming an appealing assemblage contributing to the elegant quality of the streetscape. Having been well maintained the house remains as the last in the group to present an original aspect with the essential form and massing surviving intact together with substantial quantities of the historic fabric both to the exterior and to the interior.