Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1740 - 1760
Detached four-bay three-storey house, c.1750, with single-bay three-storey return to east. Reroofed and mostly refenestrated, c.1925. Renovated, post-1977, with openings to left ground floor remodelled to accommodate square-headed carriageway. Now in use as apartments. Pitched roof (hipped to return) with replacement artificial slate, c.1925, clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stacks, rendered coping, slightly sproketed eaves to return, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement one-over-one timber sash windows, c.1925, retaining three-over-three timber sash windows to top floor. Elliptical-headed door opening with rendered surround, and replacement glazed timber panelled door, c.1925. Square-headed carriageway inserted to left ground floor, post-1977, with rendered segmental arch over, and tongue-and-groove timber panelled double doors. Interior with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A pleasantly-composed middle-size house retaining most of the original composition attributes together with much of the early fabric both to the exterior and to the interior, thereby making a positive impression on the visual appeal of the street scene: however, a less-than-subtle remodelled opening has not benefited the external expression of the composition at street level.