Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1895
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey local authority house, dated 1891, with single-bay two-storey lean-to lower return to north-west. Refenestrated. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof (continuing into lean-to to return) with clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stacks, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves having red brick corbels. Unpainted rendered, ruled and lined walls with shared cut-limestone date stone/plaque having red brick surround. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, red brick block-and-start surrounds, and replacement timber casement windows to front (south-east) elevation having replacement uPVC casement windows to remainder. Square-headed door opening with cut-limestone step, red brick block-and-start surround, and replacement timber panelled door having overlight. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
An appealing modest-scale house built as one of a pair (with 12000211/KK-4766-09-211) representing a small-scale late nineteenth-century local authority-sponsored housing project in the locality. Enlivened by the red brick dressings enhancing the architectural design quality of the composition by introducing an element of polychromy to the site the external expression of the house has not benefited from the replacement fittings inserted to the window openings.