Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1895 - 1900
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey house, built 1896, on a corner site. Refenestrated, pre-1992. Now in commercial use to ground floor. One of a group of three. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, yellow brick Running bond chimney stacks, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, post-2001, on rendered eaves retaining cast-iron hopper and downpipe. Unpainted roughcast walls with rendered plinth, and rendered course to first floor. Square-headed window openings with concrete sills (forming part of sill course to first floor), and replacement timber casement windows, pre-1992. Round-headed door opening with cut-limestone step, and replacement glazed timber panelled door, pre-1992, having overlight. Road fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
A pleasantly-composed modest-scale house built as one of a group of three identical units (with 12000188 - 9/KK-4766-09-188 - 9) forming an appealing assemblage in the streetscape particularly when viewed from Dublin Street to the south-east. The retention of the original form and massing maintains the integrity of the group although the replacement fittings to the openings have not had a beneficial impact on the historic expression of the house.