Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1840 - 1860


251145, 156089

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced four-bay two-storey house, c.1850, originally two separate two-bay two-storey houses. Reroofed and refenestrated. One of a group of seven (originally two of a group of eight). Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond and rendered chimney stacks, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Unpainted roughcast walls with rendered channelled piers to ends. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement uPVC casement windows. Square-headed door opening with rendered surround, and replacement glazed timber panelled door having overlight. Set back from line of road with sections of iron railings to forecourt on unpainted rendered plinth having open work piers with iron gate.


An appealing house originally built as two separate ranges forming part of a group of seven (originally eight) related units (with 12000180 - 4, 6/KK-4766-09-180 - 4, 6) lending a modest quality to the streetscape of Dublin Road. Despite renovation works that have led to the loss of much of the historic fabric the original form and massing survives intact, thereby maintaining some of the integrity of the group. The survival of early iron railings to the forecourt further enhances the street presence of the site.