Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1815 - 1835
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1825. Renovated, c.1900, with shopfront inserted to ground floor. One of a pair. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, six-over-six (first floor) and three-over-six (top floor) timber sash windows. Timber shopfront, c.1900, to ground floor on a symmetrical plan with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber door having overlight, timber panelled doors to house having overlights, fascia over having consoles, and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A pleasantly-composed middle-size house built as one of a pair (with 12000150/KK-4766-09-150) retaining the original composition attributes together with substantial quantities of the historic fabric both to the exterior and to the interior. A finely-executed shopfront of artistic design significance exhibiting high quality craftsmanship contributes positively to the visual appeal of the house at street level.