Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1790 - 1810


250565, 155987

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey over basement house, c.1800, with camber-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Extensively renovated, c.1925, with shopfront inserted to ground floor and rendered fa├žade enrichments added. Shopfront renovated. One of a group of three. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1925, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered quoins to end. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, moulded rendered surrounds, c.1925, having keystones to first floor, and replacement two-over-two timber sash windows, c.1925. Timber shopfront, c.1925, to ground floor (incorporating camber-headed carriageway to left having no fittings) with decorative pilasters, fixed-pane display window having colonettes supporting decorative spandrels, glazed timber door having decorative spandrels, overlight, and replacement fascia having cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


A middle-size house of balanced appearance built as one a group of three identical units (with 12000075 - 6/KK-4766-09-75 - 6) forming an appealing assemblage in the streetscape. Later rendered dressings to the upper floors enliven the architectural design quality of the composition while an attractive shopfront exhibiting high quality carpentry enriches the visual appeal of the site at street level. Having been well maintained the house presents an early aspect with substantial quantities of the early fabric surviving intact, thereby making a positive contribution to an historic street scene.