Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1790 - 1810


250563, 155982

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey over basement house, c.1800. Extensively renovated, c.1925, with rendered fa├žade enrichments added. Renovated and part refenestrated with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. One of a group of three. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1925, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered quoins to end. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, moulded rendered surrounds, c.1925, having keystones to first floor, and replacement two-over-two timber sash windows, c.1925, to top floor having replacement timber casement windows to first floor. Replacement timber shopfront to ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane display windows, glazed timber door having overlight, fascia having consoles, and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


A middle-size house of balanced appearance built as one a group of three identical units (with 12000075, 77/KK-4766-09-75, 77) forming an appealing assemblage in the streetscape. Despite a number of renovation projects over the course of the twentieth century leading to the loss of much of the historic fabric the original form and massing survive intact to the upper floors while elegant rendered dressings enliven the architectural design value of the composition.