Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1740 - 1760


250576, 155972

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay four-storey over basement house, c.1750. Renovated, c.1900, with shopfront inserted to ground floor. Reroofed and refenestrated, c.1925. One of a group of three. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1925, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, rendered coping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves having iron brackets. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement timber casement windows, c.1925, having overlights to first floor. Timber shopfront, c.1900, to ground floor on a symmetrical plan with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane display windows, glazed timber panelled double doors, fascia over having consoles, and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


A well-composed middle-size house built as one of a group of three identical units (including 12000071 - 2/KK-4766-09-71 - 2) incorporating balanced proportions, thus forming an elegant assemblage in the streetscape. Having been well maintained the house presents an early aspect with much of the historic fabric surviving intact including the finely-detailed shopfront of artistic design interest exhibiting high quality carpentry enlivening the external expression of the site at street level.