Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1740 - 1760


250576, 155962

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay four-storey over basement house, c.1750. Renovated, c.1900, with shopfront inserted to ground floor. Reroofed and refenestrated, c.1950. Shopfront renovated. Now in commercial use to first floor. One of a group of three. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.1950, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, rendered coping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on slightly overhanging rendered eaves having iron brackets. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement one-over-one timber sash windows, c.1950. Timber shopfront, c.1900, to ground floor with inscribed pilasters on panelled risers, fixed-pane display window, glazed timber door having overlight, timber panelled door to house having overlight, fascia having consoles, and dentilated moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


A well-composed middle-size house built as one of a group of three identical units (including 12000072 - 3/KK-4766-09-72 - 3) incorporating balanced proportions, thus forming an elegant assemblage in the streetscape. Having been well maintained the house presents an early aspect with much of the historic fabric surviving intact including the finely-detailed shopfront of artistic design interest exhibiting high quality carpentry enlivening the external expression of the site at street level.