Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1850, originally two separate two-bay three-storey (north) and single-bay three-storey (south) houses. Amalgamated, c.1825. Renovated with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stack, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods on iron braces. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings (in bipartite arrangement to left) with cut-stone sills, and two-over-two timber sash windows having one-over-one timber sash windows to bipartite openings. Replacement timber shopfront to ground floor with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane (some paired) round-headed display windows, glazed timber door having overpanel, timber panelled door to house having overpanel, glazed fascia with consoles, and moulded cornice. Interior with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
A pleasant middle-size range originally built as two separate houses as identified by attributes including the varied pattern of the window openings with the bipartite arrangement enhancing the architectural design value of the composition while identifying the site in the streetscape. The retention of the original form and massing to the upper floors together with most of the historic fabric both to the exterior and to the interior contributes significantly to the positive impression the building makes in an historic street scene.