Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1815 - 1835


250512, 156038

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay four-storey house, c.1825, possibly originally forming part of larger four-bay four-storey composition with building to north. Renovated with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor possibly incorporating fabric of earlier shopfront, c.1900. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls with rendered stringcourses to each floor. Square-headed window openings with rendered sills forming sill courses, moulded rendered surrounds (no surrounds to top floor), two-over-two (second floor) and one-over-one (remainder) timber sash windows. Timber shopfront to ground floor possibly incorporating fabric of earlier shopfront, c.1900, with panelled pilasters, fixed-pane display windows having decorative details to corners, glazed timber panelled double doors having overlight, timber panelled door to house having overlight, fascia having decorative consoles, and cornice. Road fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.


A well-appointed house probably originally forming part of a larger substantial house with the range adjacent to north (12000028/KK-4766-09-28). Classically-proportioned with openings diminishing in scale on each floor the house lends an elegant formal quality to the streetscape. The survival of substantial quantities of the early fabric with particular emphasis on the upper floors further enhances the positive contribution the site makes to an historic street scene.