Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Detached three-bay double-height rubble stone outbuilding, c.1850, with single-bay double-height open bay to left. Reroofed and partly reconstructed, c.1980. Gable-ended roof. Replacement corrugated-iron, c.1980. Iron ridge tiles. Rainwater goods now gone. Random rubble granite walls. Sections of exposed concrete block, c.1980, to front (south-east) elevation. Square-headed open bay to left with timber supports. No fittings. Square-headed door opening to side (north-east) elevation. Cut-stone lintel. Timber boarded door. Square-headed (slit-style) window openings to rear (north-west) elevation. Red brick dressings. No fittings. Set back from road in grounds shared with house (11823005/KD-40-23-05).
This outbuilding is an attractive rubble stone structure that represents the traditional method of construction in the mid nineteenth century – the construction in locally-sourced rubble granite is a feature shared with a number of further buildings in the locality. Although altered in the late twentieth century the outbuilding retains some of its original form and character.