Survey Data

Reg No

11814079


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Historical, Social


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1920 - 1940


Coordinates

289627, 219717


Date Recorded

21/05/2002


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey local authority house, c.1930, retaining original. One of a terrace of six. Gable-ended roof with slate. Clay ridge tiles. Red brick chimney stack (shared). Rendered coping to gables. Timber eaves. Cast-iron rainwater goods. Red brick Flemish bond walls to ground floor. Red brick stringcourse to first floor. Roughcast walls to first floor and to remainder. Square-headed openings. Stone sills. 6/6 timber sash windows. Timber panelled door with tongue-and-groove timber panels. Overlight. Road fronted. Concrete flagged footpath to front. Attached single-bay single-storey lean-to recessed garage, c.1970, to left (north-east). Lean-to roof with bitumen felt (including to gable). Roughcast walls. Unpainted. Square-headed door opening. Iron lifting door.

Appraisal

This house, built as part of a terrace of six houses, is an attractive small-scale building that is of social and historic interest, representing an early form of local authority housing in the locality. Constructed of fine materials, the house includes early red brick to ground floor, with variety added to the fa├žade through the use of roughcast to the first floor. The house retains many original features and materials, including timber sash fenestration, an attractive timber door, and a slate roof. The house, together with the remaining houses in the terrace (11814065 - 9/KD-19-14-65 - 9), is an attractive feature on the streetscape of the road leading into Naas from the north-east.