Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1900 - 1920
Attached three-bay two-storey house, c.1910, originally detached retaining early fenestration. Gable-ended roof with slate. Clay ridge tiles. Rendered chimney stack. Cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughcast walls. Unpainted (ivy-clad). Replacement render, c.1995, to side elevation to south-west. Square-headed openings. Stone sills. 6/6 timber sash windows. Replacement glazed timber panelled door, c.1990. Road fronted. Tarmacadam footpath to front.
This house is a fine and well-maintained building of balanced proportions that retains most of its original character. Originally detached, the house is an attractive feature on the north-west side of the square. The house retains most of its original features and materials, including multi-pane timber sash fenestration and a slate roof, and is of social interest, representing the middle-size dwellings of the prosperous merchant class in the early twentieth century.