Survey Data

Reg No

11362013


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

School


Date

1820 - 1860


Coordinates

309030, 236918


Date Recorded

13/07/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay two-storey house, c.1840, with central projecting entrance porch, two-bay single-storey wing to north gable, and returns to rear. Single-storey extension to south gable c.1970. Farmyard complex to south-west. ROOF: Hidden behind parapet; double pitch to front; hipped to rear; slate; terracotta ridge tiles; nap rendered stacks; clay pots with cornices. WALLS: Rough cast painted render; nap rendered plinth, cornice and parapet. OPENINGS: Square headed windows; rendered reveals and soffits; granite cills; 1/1 sash windows; elliptical headed door surround; clear fanlight; door flanked by pilasters with console brackets: two leaf timber panelled door with early brass door bell; granite steps; flat roof, cornice and a round headed window to each side of porch.