Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Social
In Use As
1840 - 1850
Detached four-bay single-storey former place of worship, c.1845, with projecting entrance porch to west gable. In use as courthouse to 1970, now in use as offices. Notice inside states that the building was originally a place of worship for fishermen. Later used as rent collection office by Lord Howth's agents. By 1870 served as local courthouse. ROOF:Pitched double slate roof; terracotta roof ridge tiles; rendered chimney stack with two terracotta pots. WALLS: Nap rendered ; five pilasters containing cross shaped recessed in capitals. OPENINGS: Round headed moulded windows with keystone rendered reveals; round headed 6/6 timber sash windows; INTERIOR:Main hall with plain plaster walls and ceiling; concrete floor; original timber skirting; balcony at east end with railing donated from church of Assumption, Howth.