Survey Data

Reg No

11358041


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic, Social


Original Use

Convent/nunnery


In Use As

Convent/nunnery


Date

1910 - 1915


Coordinates

324537, 240057


Date Recorded

28/06/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Complex of convent buildings, built 1913, comprising seven-bay two-storey building with projecting gable-fronted central and terminating bays. Multiple-bay two-storey building attached perpendicular to west gable, linked to eight-bay two-storey building to west, having single-storey extension, c.1970 to west. .ROOF: Double pitched slate roofs with terracotta ridge tiles; nap rendered chimney stacks; copper flashing, coping, cast-iron cross to apex of central gable. WALLS: Concrete rendered walls with rendered quoins; decorative roundels bearing dates and crest; granite details to gables; OPENINGS: Moulded surrounds to windows; uPVC casements some timber sash windows retained to centre building; entrance to main building comprises concrete pedimented door surround; original timber door with round headed hood moulded architrave. INTERIOR:Chapel in end bays of main building.