Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical, Social
1785 - 1790
Detached three-bay double-height Board of First Fruits Church of Ireland church, built 1786-8; consecrated 1790, on a rectangular plan comprising two-bay double-height nave opening into single-bay double-height apse (east) on a bowed plan with single-bay four-stage tower to entrance (west) front on a square plan. Closed, 1960. Now disused. Pitched slate roof; half-conical slate roof (apse), clay ridge tiles, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves retaining cast-iron downpipes. Lime rendered coursed rubble stone battered walls with concealed flush quoins to corners; lime rendered surface finish (tower) with battlemented parapet. Pointed-arch window openings with cut-granite sills, timber Y-mullions, and concealed dressings framing fixed-pane fittings. Lancet openings (tower) with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing louvered timber fittings. Set in own grounds.