Survey Data

Reg No

11350024


Rating

National


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic, Historical


Original Use

House


In Use As

School


Date

1770 - 1780


Coordinates

320587, 241223


Date Recorded

22/06/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Attached seven-bay three-storey over basement red brick former house, c.1785, originally detached. Three-bay full-height central breakfront with rusticated ashlar granite to ground floor. Three-bay full height central bow to rear façade. Now in use as ecclesiastical residence and school. Detached eight-bay subterranean cellar range c.1785 at basement level to west of entrance façade. ROOF: Flat-roofed, originally pitched. Red brick chimneys with clayware pots. Cast-iron rainwater goods. WALLS: Red brick Flemish bond, with rusticated granite ashlar to ground floor central breakfront. Carved granite stringcourse to ground floor. Red brick parapet. OPENINGS: Timber sash windows with granite sills, set in round headed openings to ground floor, with square headed openings above. Timber panelled door with fanlight above. Venetian windows to side elevations. Glazed timber doors to rear. INTERIOR: Very fine oval entrance hall