Survey Data

Reg No

11344001


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1820 - 1850


Coordinates

322822, 246169


Date Recorded

07/06/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Group of twelve terraced double-pile two-bay two- and three-storey over basement houses, c.1835, with door openings approached by flights of steps. Individually renovated and extended, c.1950 to present with some retaining original fenestration and cast-iron balconies. Pair of houses to south end in use as Garda station. ROOF: Hipped roofs behind blocking course; double-pile; slate; concrete ridge tiles; nap rendered chimney stacks; yellow clay pots; cast-iron rainwater goods. WALLS: Nap rendered; channelled to ground floor; ruled and lined to upper floors; panelled pilasters to centre of terrace; quoined piers to ends of terrace; painted. OPENINGS: Square-headed; stone sills -continuous sill course to first floor; moulded architraves to first floor; 6/6 timber sash windows; some replacement uPVC casement windows; shouldered architrave to door openings; consoled canopy over; timber panelled doors; overlights with four round-headed panes.