Survey Data

Reg No

11335002


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic


Original Use

Court house


In Use As

Court house


Date

1840 - 1845


Coordinates

318360, 247004


Date Recorded

07/03/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay single-storey courthouse built 1843, with double-height central block and flanking single-storey recessed wings. Designed by Alexander Tate. ROOF: Hidden behind parapet wall, double pitched; hipped slate; terracotta roof ridge tiles; tall limestone stacks to right & left with three yellow clay pots with decorative cornices; cast-iron rainwater goods; hipped slate roofs to flanking wings. WALLS: Coursed limestone with limestone quoining. OPENINGS: square headed tri-partite window with terracotta panel above with foliage moulding and limestone quoining; limestone lugged architrave & granite steps positioned in each side bay; double leaf timber doors .