Survey Data

Reg No

11324004


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic, Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Hall


Date

1755 - 1765


Coordinates

325938, 254088


Date Recorded

15/02/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached gable-fronted former Roman Catholic church, built 1760, with six bays to side elevation. Transepts added, c.1820, square profile bell tower and polygonal apse added c.1860. Several gabled single-bay additions. Now in use as hall. ROOF:T-plan; double pitched; slate; cast-iron cresting; cast-iron rainwater goods. WALLS:Coursed rubble; nap rendered plinth and string courses; sandstone quoins to tower. OPENINGS: Sandstone hood mouldings; pointed arched openings with sandstone reveals; leaded stained glass windows; timber panelled doors with ornate hinges. INTERIOR: Rib vaulted ceilings; stained glass windows by Early Bros., Dublin; decorative paint work to apse; marble altar and memorial plaques; rear gallery with balustrade supported by marble arcade; terracotta tiling to porches.