Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Social
In Use As
1930 - 1940
Detached gable-fronted Roman Catholic church, c.1935, flanked by lean-to side aisles, with entrance portico, chancel and single-storey sacristy. Freestanding bell tower to rear. ROOF: Double pitched; lean-to roofs to side aisles; slate; cast-iron rainwater goods. WALLS: Rock faced granite; snecked granite to bell tower; Portland stone statue of Saint Patrick to front elevation. OPENINGS: Square headed door openings; carved granite surrounds; panelled timber double doors; round headed windows; granite surrounds; canted granite cills; stained glass windows, c.1935. INTERIOR: Nave with clerestory windows separated from side aisle by stylised ionic arcades; Celtic plasterwork to archivolts; double pitched exposed timber truss ceiling lean-to to aisles; timber floorboards; terracotta tiles to centre aisle; rectangular apse with marble panelled walls; gallery to rear chapels to either side of vestibule.