Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use

Rectory/glebe/vicarage/curate's house

In Use As

Nursing/convalescence home


1740 - 1760


320491, 263562

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached five-bay three-storey over basement former rectory, c.1750, with two-storey canted return to rear. Now in use as nursing home. ROOF: Hidden parapet hall' double pitched slate roof; with double pitched hipped slate return roof & subsidiary roofs; flanking nap rendered chimney stacks with moulded clay pots; terracotta ridge tiles; cast-iron octagonal hopper & downpipe; modern skylight to centre of front pitch. WALLS: Entirely roughcast render with nap rendered plinth course at ground floor level and painted stone coping to parapet wall; galvanised metal fire escape attached to side elevation. OPENINGS: Square headed window openings patent rendered soffits & reveals; painted stone cills; uPVC casement windows; round headed door openings with painted stone pilasters, block half way, joined by rendered lintel & fanlight surround, cylinder glass; 19th century timber panelled door.