Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As



1840 - 1860


320295, 263884

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached five-bay two-storey former factory c.1850, with three-bay single-storey extension to south-east. Terraced thirteen-bay three-storey red brick former factory, c.1900, attached to rear. Now in use as bakery. Along the east wall early metal sign for 'Singer Sewing Machines'. Plaster sign reads 'Est. 1780/Balbriggan'. (Pair with 11305004) ROOF: Hipped; slate; terracotta roof ridge tiles; cast-iron rainwater goods; double pitched roof to red brick extension, skylight to side hop of roof. WALLS:Nap rendered, quoining; rendered and painted fascia and plaques; red brick extension laid in Flemish bond; moulded brick, string course and cornice; vitrified brick string. Courses following line of segmental headed windows; rendered plinth course, iron sign (projecting) OPENINGS: Cambered headed; rendered reveals; flush limestone cills; 2/2 timber sashes; recessed timber panelled door reached by four terrazzo steps; timber doors; extension has segmental headed brick arches soffits reveals and vitrified moulded brick cills contain multi-pane metal casement windows with adjustable central panes; segmental headed brick arches with doors concealed by shutters.