Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
Church hall/parish hall
1820 - 1825
Detached three-bay single-storey with dormer attic former school, built 1823. Extended and rebuilt in 1999 and now in use as a church hall. Rendered, ruled and lined walls, roughcast to sides and rere. Replacement timber sash windows with drip mouldings. Timber tongue and groove door in projecting gabled porch. Pitched artificial slate roof with half-dormers to front. Roughcast rendered flanking quadrant screen walls. Modern L-plan extension to north and east.
A handsome former school which adds a further dimension to this varied group associated with the church. Though refurbished, it retains its original proportions and some materials, and is picturesquely sited amid mature trees.