Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Semi-detached three-bay two-storey section of detached five-bay building, c.1820, also in use as a shop. Roughcast rendered walls to first floor, smooth rendered to ground floor. Timber sash windows with stone sills. Timber panelled door with timber surround and plain fanlight. Simple modern shopfront to eastern bay. Hipped slate roof with projecting eaves and smooth rendered chimney stack.
The formerly detached five-bay building, of which this is a section, is a handsome, substantial edifice on this village street. Its retention of its original proportions and some materials adds greatly to the character of this commercial area.