Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1820
Detached multiple-bay two-storey over basement house, c.1800, on an L-plan. Smooth rendered walls with replacement timber sash and uPVC windows. Single original lancet window to east gable. Pitched slate roof to east with rectangular chimney stack set in east gable. Hipped slate roof to north with single chimney stack to west. Flat-roofed porch extension to re-entrant corner. Low coursed limestone boundary wall and gate piers to street, buttressed to the northern section.
A handsome, substantial rural Georgian house which, though altered, retains its imposing form and feel, and is situated in mature grounds. Historically important as the former home of James Gandon.