Main Record - Tipperary North
|Allatrim House, Tipperary North
|Date||1800 - 1840|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL ARTISTIC|
|In Use As||house|| |
Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1820, with later porch. Attached to former two-storey outbuilding by later extensions to rear. Hipped artificial slate roof with dressed limestone chimneystacks. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed six-over-six pane timber sash windows with stone sills. Segmental-headed door doorcase with timber panelled door flanked by engaged columns and pilasters, decorative sidelights and spoked fanlight. Retains interior features. Lofted and two-storey outbuildings with pitched and hipped slate roofs and rubble limestone and rendered walls, one with integral carriage arch. Yard entered through snecked limestone carriage archway with bellcote. Entrance gate with chamfered square-profile rendered piers with cast-iron gates.
The form and scale of this building are enhanced by the retention of timber sash windows and its decorative door opening. It forms part of an interesting group with the mill to the east.
Back To Results|