Fáilte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Main Record - Tipperary North

 View location on map print-icon   Print This Page
Glebe House, Tipperary North
22400707
Front elevation.
Reg. No.22400707
Date1815 - 1820
Previous NameN/A
TownlandFEIGH WEST
CountyTipperary North
Coordinates193998, 198484
Categories of Special InterestARCHITECTURAL SOCIAL
RatingRegional
Original Userectory/glebe/vicarage/curate's house
In Use Ashouse
 
Description
Detached three-bay two-storey over half basement house, built 1816, having porch to front entrance. Original two-storey return to rear extended. Hipped slate roof having central rendered chimneystacks. Lean-to roof to return. Rendered walls. Timber sash six-over-six pane windows with limestone sills. Replacement timber windows to basement. Porch has pitched slate roof with timber panelled door with spoked fanlight, reached by limestone steps with parapets. Rear yard with two-storey outbuilding of stable and carriage house with limestone voussoirs to some openings, recently converted. Gateway to yard with dressed stone piers and wrought-iron gates.

Appraisal

Built as a glebe house by the Board of First Fruits this building has retained its original character with slate roof, lime render and small-pane sash windows all intact. Significant interior features such as the staircase and panelled doors are also intact. The main outbuilding has been recently converted without the loss of original proportions or character. The church this rectory served is located across the field to the north-west.
 
Back To Results