Main Record - Tipperary North
|Ballyquirk Castle, Carrigahorig, Tipperary North
|Date||1790 - 1830|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL SOCIAL|
|Original Use||farmyard complex|
|In Use As||farmyard complex|| |
Extensive complex of outbuildings, c.1810, comprising rubble limestone single- and two-storey buildings, many retaining slate to pitched roofs and with brick and cut stone dressings to openings and cut stone copings to some buildings. Main building is two-storey structure which housed dairy, laundry and grain store, and has milking parlour adjoining to south. Other structures include cow byres, barn, carriage house, machinery store and large walled orchard.
Fine range of stone farm buildings attached to and providing context for Ballyquirk Castle. Many features of interest remain, such as cut stone detailing, slate roofs and small-paned windows.
Back To Results|