Main Record - County Meath
|Drogheda West Lighthouse, County Meath
|Date||1860 - 1900|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL|
|Original Use||lighthouse|| |
Lighthouse, built c.1880, comprising cast-iron lantern with glazed panel, surrounded by walkway approached by ladder, set on cast-iron supports. Set within brick boundary walls. Related outbuilding to site with pitched slate roof and timber sash windows.
This lighthouse makes a significant contribution to the surrounding landscape. It forms part of an interesting group with the related lighthouses in the area. It also forms part of a broader group with the sea safety structures in the area, such as the beacons and former lifeboat house. The lighthouse retains many original features and materials. The setting of the lighthouse is enhanced by the retention of the original related outbuilding.
Back To Results|