Main Record - County Meath
|Date||1860 - 1900|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL|
|Original Use||lighthouse keeper's house|| |
Detached L-plan former lighthouse keeper's house, built c.1880, now vacant. Pitched patterned slate roof with terracotta ridge cresting, carved timber barge boards and red brick chimneystacks. Roughcast rendered walls with render quoins. Cast-iron double gates with cast-iron gate piers having foundry mark.
This house forms part of an interesting group with the related lighthouses in the area. It also forms part of a broader group with the sea safety structures in the area, such as the beacons and former lifeboat house. The house retains many interesting features, such as the patterned slate roof and cast-iron piers and gates. Foundry mark reads: 'J. Robertson & Co. Glasgow'.
Back To Results|