Main Record - County Meath
|Date||1800 - 1840|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL|
|In Use As||house|| |
Detached four-bay single-storey house with attic accommodation, built c.1820, with entrance porch. Pitched corrugated-fibre cement roof with brick chimneystack. Roughcast rendered walls with render platbands and dressings to window openings. Timber battened door and timber sash windows. Extension to west. Stone outbuilding to yard and stone outbuilding to south-east on opposite side of the road.
This house is an interesting example of the vernacular building tradition in Ireland. The single storey form with attic accommodation, the small windows, and use of corrugated roofing materials replacing original thatch are typical vernacular features. The simple form of this house is enhanced by the survival of many original features and materials.
Back To Results|