Main Record - County Meath
|Date||1840 - 1860|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL|
|Original Use||farm house|
|In Use As||farm house|| |
Detached three-bay two-storey farmhouse, built c.1850, flanked by single-storey outbuildings to north and south. Pitched slate roofs with stone chimneystacks. Roughcast rendered walls. Replacement sash windows and door. Stone and corrugated- iron outbuildings ranged around farmyard to rear. Cast-iron water pump to front site. Wrought-iron gate to pedestrian entrance.
This farm house is an excellent example of domestic architecture in rural Ireland. Modest in scale and form, this farm house exhibits the simple and functional form of traditional building in Ireland. The flanking outbuildings and the farmyard to rear make this an interesting group of traditional farm buildings.
Back To Results|