Main Record - County Meath
|Date||1820 - 1840|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL|
|Original Use||farm house|
|In Use As||farm house|| |
Detached three-bay two-storey farmhouse, built c.1830, with later porch addition. Rendered walls. Hipped slate roof with rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Paired timber sash windows with central mullions to first floor. Enlarged window openings to ground floor. Rendered boundary wall with wrought-iron gate. Three whitewashed limestone outbuildings ranged around cobbled courtyard to rear.
This modest farmhouse retains some original external features and materials. The farmyard complex to the rear, with the stone outbuildings and cobbled courtyard, also retain some original features and materials. An interesting group of domestic and non domestic farm related buildings is formed by these nineteenth-century buildings.
Back To Results|