Main Record - County Meath
|Date||1760 - 1800|
|Categories of Special Interest||ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICAL|
|Original Use||farm house|| |
Detached four-bay two-storey former farmhouse, built c.1780, renovated c.1880, now vacant. Roughcast rendered walls with string course to first floor and render quoins. Timber sash windows with moulded surrounds and sills. Square-headed door opening with timber door frame and sidelights. Hipped slate roof with brick chimneystacks. Stone piers to front.
This former farmhouse forms part of the farmyard complex at Crossdrum House. It's decorative render is simple but enhances the modest form of the building. This house, in conjunction with the main house and other related buildings provides continuity and information about former life styles and living conditions in Ireland.
Back To Results|