Fáilte/Welcome | Feedback | Site Maprssfacebookicon
Loading

Main Record - County Leitrim

 
Additional Images     View location on map
print-icon   Print This Page
Lough Rynn Estate Former Steward's House, County Leitrim
30935010
Representative view
Reg. No.30935010
Date1840 - 1860
Previous NameN/A
TownlandRINN
CountyCounty Leitrim
Coordinates209962, 293992
Categories of Special InterestARTISTIC ARCHITECTURAL SOCIAL TECHNICAL
RatingRegional
Original Usesteward's house
In Use Ashouse
 
Description
Detached three-bay two-storey T-plan former steward's house, built c.1850 in a Tudor Gothic style. Now used as a private house. Multiple pitched slate roofs with cut stone, rendered and brick chimneystacks. Cut stone coping to gables. Random coursed cut stone walls with plinth. Projecting entrance porch with monopitched slate roof. Square-headed and Tudor-arched window openings with tooled stone surrounds, timber casement and uPVC windows. Gablet window to rear elevation. Tudor-arched door openings with tooled stone surrounds, timber panelled door to porch and replacement battened door, sidelight and overlight to rear. Stone and timber sheds to rear of site. Site bounded by random rubble wall and set within mature gardens. Lead water tank to rear of site.

Appraisal

This steward's house, located near the farm complex, is a highly attractive structure, designed by the architect M.D. Wyatt. Situated on an elevated position, the fine dwelling retains much original fabric and character. This house is an important and imposing structure within Lough Rynn Estate.
 
Back To Results