Survey Data

Reg No

50011086


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Office


Date

1820 - 1840


Coordinates

316557, 235556


Date Recorded

25/09/2011


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced two-bay three-storey house over exposed basement, built c.1830. Now in use as offices. Double-pile slate roof concealed behind parapet wall with granite coping, hipped to north. Rendered chimneystacks with clay pots to south party wall. Red brick walls laid in Flemish bond to painted granite plinth course above rendered basement walls. Gauged brick flat-arched window openings with patent rendered reveals, painted masonry sills and replacement timber windows. Gauged brick three-centred arch door opening with replacement timber door, replacement timber doorcase and plain fanlight. Door opens onto concrete platform and single step bridging basement area. Platform and basement area enclosed by wrought-iron railings and cast-iron corner posts, set on granite plinth wall to street.

Appraisal

This house terminates the northwest end of a terrace of seven modest former townhouses abutting a further terrace of five slightly taller houses, built at an angle reflecting the curve of North Circular Road. The house retains its fenestration pattern and original front railings, adding to the overall composition of this attractive terrace of late Georgian townhouses.