Categories of Special Interest
1840 - 1880
Semi-detached two-storey public house, built c.1860, having three-bay first floor and four-bay ground floor. In use as bar and dwelling having recent additions to rear elevation. Pitched artificial slate roofs with lined-and-ruled rendered chimneystacks and replacement aluminium and uPVC rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with concrete sills, with two-over-two pane timber sliding sash window and fixed timber window to ground floor and one-over-one pane windows to first floor. Square-headed door openings having double-leaf battened timber door with over-light and replacement timber glazed door to front. Timber fascia with painted lettering.
The façade of this simply designed but well executed structure is much enlivened by various interesting features including timber sash windows and a simple but functional fascia board.