1820 - 1825
L-plan quay, built 1822. Battered sides to seaward-facing shorter leg, seaward side also having heavy battered plinth incorporating living rock. Longer leg has slipway to west end, flight of stone steps and metal ladders to seaward side. Walls of irregularly coursed rubble granite and limestone, rubble stone parapet to seward side of seaward leg. Concrete surfaces to quay. Dressed limestone and iron bollards to longer leg.
This well engineered quay was designed by Alexander Nimmo to endure the force of the sea. Together with other quays to the north and south, it reflects the importance of the maritime economy to this region.