1780 - 1820
TOWNPARKS(ST. NICHOLAS' PARISH)
Attached two-storey house, built c.1800, having two-bay first and three-bay ground floors. Pitched reed thatched roof, having rendered and brick chimneystacks and rendered eaves course. Colour-washed rendered walls with rendered plinth. Square-headed window openings having painted stone sills and mainly timber sliding sash windows, three-over-six and six-over-six pane to first floor and two-over-two pane and replacement fixed timber display window with iron window bars to ground floor. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door.
With its thatched roof, this attractive house is a striking component of this ever-changing streetscape. The irregular fenestration and the retention of varied timber sash windows enlivens the otherwise simple façade. Vernacular buildings such as this one are becoming very rare in a city that was formerly renowned for its vernacular heritage and this adds considerable importance to this structure.