Survey Data

Reg No



1820 - 1830




Tipperary South


190477, 143128


Detached gable-fronted Roman Catholic church, built c. 1825, with four-bay nave, slightly recessed single-bay chancel and having sacristy extension to north-west. Pitched copper sheeted roof with overhanging eaves, uPVC rainwater goods and rendered cross to gable-front. Pebbledashed walls with smooth rendered eaves course to nave elevations and plinth. Pointed windows to nave and chancel, with render hood-mouldings to nave, with coloured glass and render sills. Five-light window to gable-front with render surround and coloured glass windows. Stained glass to gable window of chancel. Tudor-arched door opening having chamfered smooth rendered surround and double-leaf timber battened doors, approached by rendered steps. Timber gallery to interior, located over nave entrance. Carved marble altar, chancel screen railings, and baptismal font and timber panelling to chancel walls. Freestanding bell tower of metal construction to north-west. Lawned area to site. Random rubble limestone boundary walls with painted rendered gate piers and double-leaf cast-iron gates.


This early nineteenth century church was renovated by the located community in the early 1960s, at which time the national school was built to the south-east. Together they form a pleasant focal group in the landscape.